This part is for the users would like to know the detail of the Google Sync feature of RainbowNote.
- RainbowNote syncs bi-directionally it's contents with a specified folder in Google Docs.
- The sync target are all items in Rainbownote and word-processor documents and folders in Google Docs.
- If an item has changed both in RainbowNote and Google Docs, update will be done with the rule below.
- 【text (+title) changed】always choose RainbowNote.
- 【moved or only title changed】always choose RainbowNote.
- 【deleted】move to Trash will be done if there is no change on the item at the undeleted side. If the undeleted side is Google Docs and has multiple parent folders, item will not be moved to Trash and be removed the parent folder relationship.
- The settings of notes and folders are stored in a spreadsheet in Google Docs.
Sync target and limitations
- Items in Trash are excluded from sync.
- Hidden documents and folders in Google Docs are included in sync target.
- Shared documents are included in sync target if it is editable to you.
- If a document or folder has multiple parent folders that are also in sync target, all but one (last created) relationship to the parents will be removed. RainbowNote do not change the relationship to the parents that are not included in sync target.
- Non wordprocessing documents are ignored from sync operation. RainbowNote does not move or change these files. If the parent folder of these files are deleted in RainbowNote, sync operation leave the folder in Google Docs.
- If RainbowNote terminated while downloading a document in Google Docs, RainbowNote show a pop-up to notice you of it next time you launch it and ask you if you would like to exclude it from sync.